(Due to the nature of this post, I don't have any new screenshots to share. Please accept this icecream parlour instead)
I wrote soooooooo much last night.
- Every world is going to have a cutscene of sorts before you go to the new area. Last night, I sat down and got all of those written. These scenes will explain the villain's descent as the game goes on.
- I also decided it would be a good idea to add a little introductory scene to the level, to give you some hints as to what to expect. I have 3 of the 6 of those written so far - I'll need to come up with environments for the other 3 before I finish all of those. But you can expect Art is going to be filling you in on details about each new area.
- What's more, based on some things I've heard from my co-hosts at Infendo Radio, I've decided to add a skip dialogue option to all of Art's conversations. This way, impatient players can get right to the game.
I really don't like the idea of players skipping dialogue, but there are reasons for it, and I accept that. I've added some sass from Art, though, so even if you skip the plot, he's going to mock you for it.
- I also got all of the dialogue written for the midboss fights - prefight, midfight and postfight, for every fight, worlds 1-6. That was a blast, I really love those guys.
- Well, the penultimate villain, Grescal, still needs his dialogue written. That should be pretty easy.
- I also need a few lines of dialogue when you encounter the final boss, Chroma. And I'll need to write the ending.
- By far the longest bit will be writing all of the in-level dialogue. Those are going to be situation-based lines of text... I'm going to have to take them slow. I could probably get all of Primary Plains done, but I have a feeling those will be the last ones I get written, just because I'll need to start building each world first.